Paper Crafting Place

Monday, June 28, 2010

4th of July FUN!



As most of the US folks know, the 4th of July is coming up!  I had to use this sweetie ASAP (she's def my new fave) so I altered a Crystal Light drink container with patriotic paper and am going to put sparklers in it for the kids :0)


I used the "outside the frame" Nestabilities technique for this one, kind of challenging but I love the results.
Side:


Back:


I added a bunch of bling to this so I could enter it into the Anya Ink "add some bling" challenge.  She's got pearl earrings, some red stars on her boots, blue and clear stars scattered around and some red jewels in the center of the flowers. 

Ingredients:
TGF Stamp - Cheeky Mate
CC's Design Stamps - Honey Sailor
Copics
Ribbon
Stickles
Dome shaped jewels
Flat back pearls
Star jewels


14 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Rach this is FANTASTIC! Holy smokes-you rocked Cheeky Mate out of the park and this is a fab fourth of July idea!

Tasha said...

Wow Rach this is stunning! Lobint the colour combo and that fabulous paper and your colour work is ou of this world! Awesome design my friend
love tasha xx

Delphine said...

This is brilliant, Rach! I love the idea! Great colour combo, lovely images and gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink! Hugs Delphine xx

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Lovely idea, lovely creation.
hugs
Sue

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

HOLLIE MOLLIE!!!This is super adorable and the coloring is awsome.GOSH!!!!!!!!!Thanks for joing us at Anya Ink,RubyM:)

Candace Pelfrey said...

Soooo ADORABLE Rach!!! Love these girls too, Cheeky Mate is next on my list :)

WickedPixie said...

Rachel, this is awesome! Your coloring is amazing and it is such a great looking container! :-)Traci

Emma said...

Wow Rach, this is amazing, I love it! I love your out of the frame technique, will definitely have to give this one a go. Thanks so much for joining us over at AnayInk!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhh FASBULOUS!!

Peta's Blog said...

Oh My Gosh! This is stunning!!!! I love every detail, those images ore gorgeous, I soooo want them hahaha, the papers are divine!!! Wow, Wow Wow!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Anya Ink, hope to see you back next challenge xoxo oh and have a great 4th of July :oD

Leanne said...

Wow! This is really cute! I love the idea and using those stamps together for one common goal is genius! This is a great tribute to our country! Love it! :)

Lorraine Mcneil said...

Happy 4th of July. You've started it with a bang with this creation. I love it. It is so eye catching. The colour scheme just rocks... Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink and I do hope we will see you for the next challenge. Hugs. Lorraine

Amy said...

This is just so clever Rachel and the most perfect 4th of July project! Love the papers and the sweet images are colored beautifully! Awesome!

donna mikasa said...

Love these, Rach! So clever to recycle and make such great holders for sparklers! You're such a great mom...