Paper Crafting Place

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oliver card + Copic Tutorial and CMC Challenge!!!

This new Oliver and Amelia set by The Greeting Farm is really one of my all time favorites, I broke it out and used it the second I got it! I used Oliver to make this monochromatic black and white card because as soon as I saw him I thought of a vintage black and white photo.  It also happens to go PERFECTLY with the ATS Wednesday challenge this week, which is "monochromatic".

I actually made a black and white coloring tutorial for Color Me Copic too, scroll down or click HERE to see it and to take part in CMC's very first challenge which TGF has sponsored.  The winner will get this new Oliver and Amelia "Journey" set!! 

The Tutorial
You can use any color of grays that you like, I tend to use the "C's" but neutral and warm grays will work just fine.  For this image I'm using C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 and 0 (Colorless blender).  Ignore the 110, I didn't end up using it :0)










Last step and finished image!

Used the finished image on this card so you can see how it looks :0)

Image by The Greeting Farm (Oliver and Amelia "Journey" set)

10 comments:

donna mikasa said...

The OA Journey set does scream "vintage" and I love your black and white theme! Can't wait to give this a try!

Jodi Collins said...

Holy cannoli Rach! This is OUT Of this world FABULOUS! Your coloring ROCKS! Thanks for the tutorial! I have to try this!! WOW!!!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

great tutorial..great colouring..thank you for sharing

Amy said...

This is awesome Rach! Great tutorial and the finished card looks perfect! Great choice for Oliver!

Jewel Lee said...

you amaze me woman!! Spectacular job and I might even be able to follow that tutorial~

Kimberly said...

I have this tutorial saved. Can't wait to try it out. You make it look so easy!

Tasha said...

Awesoem tutorial hun - fab work
love tasha xx

Leanne said...

Fantastic! this is the perfect image for that technique. thanks so much for the tutorial! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Adorable image and perfectly colored Rach!
Thanks for joining the ATS Weekly Wed. challlenge this time!
Pam Going Postal

Eszter Schlakker said...

Thank you for this tutorial, I really like it!