Paper Crafting Place

Monday, February 15, 2010

TGF FFF "Vintage" Challenge

The challenge on FFF this week was to make a "Vintage" card.  Sounds great, right?? Yes and no.  The challenge itself is a BIG challenge for me (which I like) BUT I own nothing even remotely "vintage-y".  Sooooo, I put my thinking cap on and decided, what's more vintage than black and white???

So I made the whole thing black and white.  Coloring Miss Stella in grey scale was a new experience for me.  I wanted to make sure she had depth and wasn't just stark black and white so I made sure to shade her face/arms/legs too so that she'd look slightly more normal.  I also pop-dotted the frame around the Stella image so it would look more like a picture frame (which is what it's supposed to be, hehehe).

This is way out of my comfort zone but I was pretty impressed with the results :0)


It says "I carry a picture of you in my heart always"


Ingredients
TGF Image - Stella
paper - misc scraps Amy sent me ;0)
Nestabilities - Oval
Prima Flowers
Martha Stewart punch ("leaves")
Kaiser pearls
Computer generated sentiment
Stickles

13 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love how this turned out, too! Just gorgeous in black and white...very vintagey!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh Rachel this is gorgeous, your colouring of Stella is amazing, and i love the sparkly flowers and leaves. Perfect sentiment too, finished the card off beautifully. Another aweseome creation :)
Suzi
xxx

Melissa S said...

This is so beautiful Rach!! You never fail to amaze and inspire me!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's a great idea, really gorgeous in black and white !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Chelsea said...

This is great! I've wanted to try something like this as well but totally out of my comfort zone as well. Maybe I"ll have to try it now that you did such a fab job!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It looks amazing! great job!

Amy said...

This looks perfectly vintagey Rachel! Stella looks just like a black and white photo, excellent coloring! Love the sentiment, it's the perfect saying!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO cool! WOW she looks amazing in B&W-how awesomely vintage!

Randi said...

AMAZING card Rach!!! LOVE the way you used the black and white with Stella!! Very vintage!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this week!

WickedPixie said...

I rhink ir looks fabulous! Isn't coloring in B&W so much fun once you get started!? :-)Traci

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh my this is amazing. What a wonderful card. Fits in with the challenge really well. Thanks for joining us at Anya Ink.
mwah
Trace

Pam Varnell said...

This is fabulous Rach and you are right, black & white is an awesome vintage combo. Love Stella on your card, she is one of my favs.

Tasha said...

Oh my Gosh i love this card its so stunning! Fabulous use of Monochrome too! I need you to teach me how to pull this off! COngrts on coming top 3 at Anya Ink
love tasha xx