Paper Crafting Place

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday Mania with...Gwen!

Gwen had quite a challenge for us on Monday Mania this week!  She had a fab sketch, with an extra challenge of using 2 of the following techniques: inking, stitching, painting or embossing.  I chose inking and embossing;  inked all my edges and it's hard to see b/c it got more covered up than I intended, but the back rectangular piece is embossed with a "scales" embossing folder.




Ingredients:
TGF Image - Oliver (from Oliver and Amelia set)
Copics
Paper - Open stock at Hobby Lobby
Nestabilities - Labels...11...I think...
EK Success - Dinosaur border punch
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Chinese Scales
Computer generated sentiment

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, I love that dinosaur paper, goes perfectly with Oliver. Wonderful take on the sketch and the challenge :)
Suzi
xxx

Melissa S said...

He is just so stinkin cute! I love it!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

Absolutely terrific card..so bright, so boy ,so dinasour..love it...

WickedPixie said...

Rachel, this is adorable! Your coloring looks fabulous! :-)Traci

Angie said...

This is such a FUN card! I love that border punch, wow, I've never seen that before. And your coloring on the image is so great.

donna mikasa said...

Such an adorable card! Love the colors, the papers, and that dino trim is just perfect! A dino-mite card! And your new blog background is awesome!

Tasha said...

This is adorable, love the bright colours and the fabulous dino punch - too cute
love tasha xx

SemSee said...

Such an awesome card Rach! The papers you've chosen are perfect, and I love all the detail you've added like the embossed card and that dino punch! And what a fab sentiment! Gorgeous colouring too! Hugs, Sem x