Paper Crafting Place

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WOW- Brown/Sepia Color Challenge!

For WOW this week we've got a color challenge! Use all Sepia or brown tones on your card :0)  Sounds hard, but it's actually not as bad as you'd think, I promise!

I just love Shooter, she's got attitude, no cowboy is going to mess with her!  I have to say, I just am so happy with how this card came out!  I didn't think it all out beforehand, it kind of just came together piece by piece.  My only hindrance was my total lack of brown embellishments, the two you see (the card candy and "stone" ones) are the only ones I had.  This card is from a looooong time ago and I used my Cricut for the two stars in the middle and my cuttlebug for the embossing.





Ingredients:
TGF stamp - Cheeky Cherry "Shooter"
Copics
Paper- DCWV All About Boys stack
Tim Holtz distress ink - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo
Cricut - George and Basic Shapes (Stars)
Cuttlebug - Stars embossing folder
Card candy pieces (corners)
Crystal Stickers by Mark Richards USA - Dk Brown

9 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Rach! LOOOVE the browns, love your card! Too cute!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

what a pretty card! great take on the sepia tone!

Mimi said...

too cute! great layout and love the star band. perfect papers to match Cheeky Shooter! have a great day! ;)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Rachel. I was finally getting a chance to surf blog world tonight and when I ran across your ***AWESOME*** card I just had to take the time to tell you. I love, love how you have made Cheeky Shooter look and OMGWord you sooo make me want to pull out my Cricut and play this weekend. :O) I don't think it matters at all when you made this card It is just **FABULOUS***
Hugs, Lisa

Gab said...

What a great card!

1LuvnMama said...

Bang, bang shoot em up! LUV this Rach! You hit the jackpot with your brown/sepia card!

Leanne said...

Rach, this is fabulous! I love the toned and the whole theme. Shooter looks ready to haul in some bad boys! hehehe. The brown accents are perfect!

Amy said...

I think that Cheeky Shooter was made just for this challenge... she looks so perfect in all the sepia tones and setting her against that big star is the perfect finishing touch! Fab card my friend!

Denice said...

Oh my, Cheeky Shooter is so dog-gone cute! I love the papers, the stars, and the embossing...it all goes together so well! Great job on the brown/sepia challenge.